I have been away for a long time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been away for a long time.

I got so much xxxxxxxx from the H&P forum I have stayed away from the this and the LinkedIn forum.
    I am a moderator on a Chines forum
    on the left side and near the top but below the ads you can see 版主: PEN. You can use google translate to translate the Chinese characters.
    http://www.iyeya.cn/forum-178-1.html

I didn't ask to become a moderator and even said my Chinese is not good enough but I am still a moderator by default. No one wants the job and I am the only one that knows a lot about servo hydraulic controls.

On the average the Chinese are just as clueless as people in North America but they are much more respectful.
    I have met with many of the professors and competitors at hydraulic trade shows in China so they know who I am and I know who they are.
    There are a few people that seem to know hydraulics and have some experience with hydraulic servo controls.

In China they have many more universities and instructors teaching hydraulics but they don't go very deep into control.

The problem with universities is that many of the professors don't have enough practical experience.

My forum forum.deltamotion.com is pretty quiet too. Actually I like it this way because if people have questions about our motion controller that means our documentation is not clear. The questions I like to see are application questions but many people are reluctant to give away what they are trying to do. We have a few customers that are doing some pretty unique applications.

Just about all the private space companies use our controllers for testing or even moving rocket gantries.

Meanwhile, the prediction that hydraulics is dying is premature. Our business is still growing but now 45% of our business is export. This has required many trips to China, Japan, Korea, NZ and AU. NZ and AU simply don't have the population or industry that CN does.

I would post here more often if I though anybody really wanted to learn something. I am not about to go through the xxxxxxxx that occurred on the H&P forum.

Working...
X