Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS Bleed Down Orifice

Hi gang:

I was looking through some load sense pump designs, and noticed you can get the option for a blocked load sense bleed down orifice. Under what circumstances would you want the bleed down orifice blocked? Thanks,

Response reason maybe...
    See Eaton video...
    What happens when you no longer need a load sense bleed down orifice?

Comment

I saw that video. My guess is that blocking the bleed-down in the pump allows you to add an external control of some sort? Perhaps choosing your own orifice size, or a proportional valve to control pump response time?

Comment

Absolutely...
        I had a chat with an engineer involved in excavators and talked about CC LS system vs OC systems on excavators. He meant that excavator operators appreciate a slower response when digging in a sensitive ground. Just for a better "feel". Maybe by blocking the bleed off in the compensator will give you the option to implement a fully variable bleed off (0 to X GPM) in another spot of the system...
        He meant that a higher bleed off rate in LS systems could give the operator a similar "feel" with a CC LS system. Other options were "open center" LS Variable flow systems. That's how I recall our discussion which I do not have in hand just now
        BTW have you dived into all the opportunities with the "new" CAN bus controlled Eaton CMA valve? (independent meter in -meter out control)
        http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ...ct_2853817.pdf
        Click image for larger version  Name:	CMA200 tvärsnitt.jpg Views:	1 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	126
        I know Parker does not have it yet in their program. Does Danfoss or Rexroth?
        Parker does have "Intellinder", a new optical high precision position sensor system in the linear actuators....and it is CAN bus controlled...
        https://www.parker.com/literature/Hy..._HY18-0035.pdf
        ​​​​​ Click image for larger version  Name:	Parker streckkodad kolvstång.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	124
        Komatsu is involved with Parker in the logging machine division and has made their own "cheap solution" of independent meter in-meter out flow control. They use two standard Parker valve sections and use A-port from one valve section, and B-port from the other valve section. With some standard Hall effect cylinder position sensors, they created the SmartFlow system. More info will be available the 1st o September when these machines are introduced to the market Click image for larger version  Name:	Komatsu SmartFlow.jpg Views:	5 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	129

Sorry the caps on this image is in Swedish, but I am sure you get it... :-)
        Ventil=valve
        Slider=spools

Last edited by akkamaan; 08-10-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I'm with CAN networks in general, but wasn't aware of Eaton's product offering. I'm pretty sure all the big guys (especially Danfoss) offer this stuff. And yeah, that bar-coded Parker rod is pretty slick1

Comment

I have scanned all major actors in valve manufacturing and I can't find anyone else then Eaton to have this type of valve. Maybe a good topic for Fluid Power World to check out where each manufacturer stands on this....

Comment

Actually, we're in a world between products like CAN and IoT. I suspect many manufacturers will just go right to IoT protocols, skipping CAN connectedness altogether. I wrote a piece of IoT recently, as a matter of fact.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshCosford View Post
                Actually, we're in a world between products like CAN and IoT. I suspect many manufacturers will just go right to IoT protocols, skipping CAN connectedness altogether. I wrote a piece of IoT recently, as a matter of fact.
                akkamaan Josh....
                CAN bus and/or the IoT, Internet of Things, doesn't matter for the hardware design right? ie how hydraulic valve hardware is designed?
                How the electronics and communication protocols are designed isn't that just a matter of how we decide how to control our hydraulic system.....PWM, CAN, or whatever...

For my question I do not care if it is CAN bus, IoT, wi-fi, Bluetooth or something else....
                I am just wondering if any other manufacturer have a directional valve that use dual spools and independently controls meter-in/meter-out flow control

Comment

Working...
                X